So you are a sales director or a regional manager and you have suspicions that some members of your team may be looking for a career switch. Here’s a quick reference to help you decide who is staying, and who is not.
Signs Your Rep is About to Leave
- During sales demo, explains that, while not proven, he suspects that your new software has contributed to global warming
- Shows up to work, exceedingly happy, like a lifer whose just been given parole
- During cold calls, refers to your cutting edge solution as “that crap we sell”
- On casual Fridays, shows up wearing “Atlanta Job Fair – Fall 2011” T-Shirt
- Updates company email signature to include his personal email address email@example.com
- Instead of the customary “hey”, greets everyone with a hug and the instructions “come with me if you want to live”
- Asks for assistance in downloading sales database to his jump drive. The new one emblazoned with your competitor’s logo.
- Chats up the boss by asking if ever noticed that his (the boss’) Porsche Boxter is more of a chick’s car
- His LinkedIn profile has more personal detail than his DNA
- His last expense reports include items ranging from “Mileage” to “War in Iraq”.